Getting Started... Again!

I am not of the ilk that believes that the new year is the only time you can start new "resolutions" or goals.  However, I am not going to ignore a good opportunity to get started on some resolutions... again.

So here is to 2013, I am looking in the future with a sense of excitement and a bit of trepidation, we will be having a lot of changes in our house this year, and there will be a lot that I will not have control over.

I'm thinking it is because I am faced with that uncertainty that I felt the need to write down a list of 13 things that I will accomplish/complete in 2013.  I've never done this before, but it seemed like a good time to try the exercise!

Here we go:


1. Finish a triathlon without re-injuring myself
2. Complete TRX Force program
3. Switch to No Sugar No Grain
4. Go on a girls weekend trip
5. Take the kids to the beach
6. Go skiing
7. Learn how to shoot a rifle (for biathlon)
8. Read 12 books
9. Create and stick to a household budget
10. Do something fun (wknd or trip) with my mom
11. Make 10 videos with oldest son from his GoPro footage
12.  Sell our house in Ga! Move to Virginia!
13.  Teach oldest son to knit (since he asked)

I honestly can't remember the last time I faced a new calendar year with this amount of urgency to slough off the old and bring in the new!!  

Does anyone have a similar list to share? Any suggestions on mine?

Bring it on 2013!!!







4 comments:

  1. I don't want you to move to Virginia! :(

    Looks like a great list and things that are all very fulfilling and can be accomplished!

    Happy 2013 my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colleen!! Yep, they are all goals I can definitely accomplish for a change! haha
      I'll be missing all my Atlanta friends for sure!!!

      Delete
  2. Looks like 2013 is going to be great! Hope you guys have a safe and not-too-stressful move to VA.

    As a side note, now following your NSNG tumblr :) To be honest, I don't think I can 100% stick to it but enjoy listening to Vinne's podcasts just because they are so hilarious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Vinnie is hysterical :D I can't wait to find out how it all goes! I'm sure I'll stumble a bit along the way, but it's a really good time for me to try it since I have absolutely NO expectations about this triathlon season. :)

      Thanks for the well wishes on the move, I'm like 60% excited and 40% nervous :D

      Delete

tribirdie goes No Sugar No Grain

 

Follow Tribirdie

Instagram

Tribirdie Goes No Sugar No Grain

I started eating following the rules
No Sugar
No Grain

I am posting what eat each day on tumblr. I'm sure I'll make some mistake along the way, feel free to heckle!

tribirdie's No sugar No grain photosettribirdie's No sugar No grain photoset

Quotes

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
- Steve Prefontaine
"Shut Up Legs"
- Jens Voigt
"No quit in this body. No quit in this Mind"
- Jill Poon (inspired by Jason Overbaugh)

Followers