Baked cod with almond meal crust

Baked Cod with almond meal crust - Gluten Free and Egg Free (the above is also dairy free!)
I want to start finding some more interesting ways to make white fish. I've noticed since we can't bread it anymore (with my oldest being gluten free ) I was missing the "crunch" aspect.

I'd tried using almond meal to "bread" fish with when pan frying it but the crust would invariably come off.

So I thought I could try baking it!

It turned out really nicely with a crispy and well seasoned crust on the fish.

Ingredients :
1 lb of cod - cut into portion sized pieces
1/4 C of butter melted (for oldest son's diary free I used melted non soy margarine but I think I'm going to try olive oil next time
1 C (or so) of roasted slivered almonds (although I bet you can use any type of almonds) - I pulsed them into crumbs in my mini food processor.
To taste: garlic powder, onion powder,chili pepper, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme

Preheat oven to 350. After pulsing almonds into meal (TRADER JOES sells almond meal already made I just didn't have any at home) add your herbs and spices to your taste preference.

Dip slice of fish into melted butter (or dairy free sub) and then into almond meal. Place into baking dish. Finish all pieces (I put dairy free pieces into their own baking dish to keep separate). Sprinkle remainder of butter (or sub) onto top then top with remaining almond meal.

Bake for 20 min at 350.

Sprinkle with parsley of you like and squeeze lemon on top and you are done! Enjoy!

Loving it! :D

5 comments:

  1. That looks fantastic!! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I am adding this to my list of NSNG foods to cook :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Let me know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really good recipe. I changed it a bit by adding a little coconut flour and braggs 24 herb seasoning. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

tribirdie goes No Sugar No Grain

 

Follow Tribirdie

Instagram

Tribirdie Goes No Sugar No Grain

I started eating following the rules
No Sugar
No Grain

I am posting what eat each day on tumblr. I'm sure I'll make some mistake along the way, feel free to heckle!

tribirdie's No sugar No grain photosettribirdie's No sugar No grain photoset

Quotes

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
- Steve Prefontaine
"Shut Up Legs"
- Jens Voigt
"No quit in this body. No quit in this Mind"
- Jill Poon (inspired by Jason Overbaugh)

Followers