Get Seizure Smart

Today is the last day of National Epilepsy Awareness month!!

That doesn't mean that education has to stop.  I am committing to posting at least one seizure awareness post each month of 2012 (and a bonus one this december!) :D

Did you know that 1 in every 100 americans HAS EPILEPSY?

For those folks out there racing triathlon with me, that means that in a race of 1000 people, 10 folks have epilepsy and they are possibly pushing their bodies to the limit.
Do you know how to help someone who is having a seizure??  
Please take the time to head over to GetSeizureSmart.org and take their seizure smarts quiz.  Just scroll down the the graphic "take the quiz".  It is a pop up quiz, so you may need to "allow" for turn off your pop up blocker settings for this site.

I can't stress this enough... knowing this information could SAVE A LIFE!
One last thank you to everyone that followed me on twitter in the month of november for Epilepsy Awareness!!! I was overwhelmed by all of the incredible support!! Thanks to you all, I'll be making a nice donation to Epilespy Foundation, but more importantly we raised awareness and reduced the myths about epilepsy!!

If you are wondering why this topic is so important to me, please read my story here: Tri and Stop M.E.

4 comments:

  1. I hate cancer, seizures, lung disease, childhood diseases, etc. Thanks for bringing the focus to defeating one thing I really hate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post Jill and thanks so much for your openness in sharing your experience with Epilepsy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and info I can certainly use! One of my training partners has Epilepsy too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments guys!! So excited to see that folks are taking the time to ready about this and learn. Just exactly what I was hoping for! Y'all rock!

    ReplyDelete

tribirdie goes No Sugar No Grain

 

Follow Tribirdie

Instagram

Tribirdie Goes No Sugar No Grain

I started eating following the rules
No Sugar
No Grain

I am posting what eat each day on tumblr. I'm sure I'll make some mistake along the way, feel free to heckle!

tribirdie's No sugar No grain photosettribirdie's No sugar No grain photoset

Quotes

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
- Steve Prefontaine
"Shut Up Legs"
- Jens Voigt
"No quit in this body. No quit in this Mind"
- Jill Poon (inspired by Jason Overbaugh)

Followers