Dreaming

oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy...

do I dare put it down in writing?

here goes...

What is a dream, if you don't work to make it come true?


I've decided I'm going to dare to make mine come true. It's going to take a lot of work, a lot of sacrifice - or maybe I should say even more "readjustment" - on the part of my loving and wonderful family, a lot of sweat, possibly some tears, many ice baths and gallons of recovery drink; but I'm committed, committed to giving it my all and leaving the excuses behind.

I'm going to dare to dream of things like "Ali'i drive", "the turn around at Hawi", "the Queen K", lava, winds, and yes, KONA.

and so it begins... a journey that will take me to IM Louisville, August, 28, 2011 and on that day I will give everything I have in an attempt to

qualify for Kona.

I'm scared. I'm shocked at my egotism. but I'm going to try to throw all of that away... take my own advice and choose to

BELIEVE.

13 comments:

  1. Yay! Go Get 'em! You can do it and the journey will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. not only can you do it but you WILL do it!!!

    the swim is fast and easy, the bike is like surfing - ride the waves . . . short steap climbs with nice descents and the run is flat and fast!!!

    Rock it out girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo-hoo!! So exciting!! Can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you!!! FOCUS and make that dream come true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it! Oh.....and froma fellow Georgian.....welcome to Team Trakkers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to put it out there, bold my dead, I love it! Let me know if there is anything I can do along the way to help out?

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT! I can't wait to hear about the journey! Louisville is a great race!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the positive comments guys!! truly appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's an exciting goal!! I know you can do it! I'm excited to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck on the KQ attempt! Will be watching with earnest (and a little jealousy if you get it, as I know I don't have the genetic makeup to give it a go myself).

    Welcome to Team Trakkers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOO HOO Girl! Way to just put it out there... love that! We'll all be rootin' for you!!!! BELIEVE girl BELIEVE.. love it!

    ReplyDelete

tribirdie goes No Sugar No Grain

 

Follow Tribirdie

Instagram

Tribirdie Goes No Sugar No Grain

I started eating following the rules
No Sugar
No Grain

I am posting what eat each day on tumblr. I'm sure I'll make some mistake along the way, feel free to heckle!

tribirdie's No sugar No grain photosettribirdie's No sugar No grain photoset

Quotes

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
- Steve Prefontaine
"Shut Up Legs"
- Jens Voigt
"No quit in this body. No quit in this Mind"
- Jill Poon (inspired by Jason Overbaugh)

Followers