Competitive: nurture or nature?

Working on yoga breathing with Jason at night to help him calm down
before bed. I wanted him to slow his breathing down; conversation went as follows:
ME: why are you breathing so fast?
JASON: I want to win.
ME: okay, whoever breathes slowest wins
JASON: ok
Jason starts to breathe slowly and I count out five breaths
JASON: did I win?
ME: yes
JASON: did you lose?
ME: I came in second.
JASON: so you lost.
Satisfied he gets up to get his books for storytime.

I'm not sure which is funnier the fact that he thought there had to be
a loser or my inability to say I lost.


2 comments:

  1. Virginia is the same way with wanting to always be the winner. I love this concept of using this to get them calmed down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very funny! And not surprising at all! :)

    ReplyDelete

tribirdie goes No Sugar No Grain

 

Follow Tribirdie

Instagram

Tribirdie Goes No Sugar No Grain

I started eating following the rules
No Sugar
No Grain

I am posting what eat each day on tumblr. I'm sure I'll make some mistake along the way, feel free to heckle!

tribirdie's No sugar No grain photosettribirdie's No sugar No grain photoset

Quotes

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
- Steve Prefontaine
"Shut Up Legs"
- Jens Voigt
"No quit in this body. No quit in this Mind"
- Jill Poon (inspired by Jason Overbaugh)

Followers