Physical Advantage

Anyone watching the TdF coverage on VS. understands the frustration of watching the same commercial, over and over and over again. In fact if I see that SAAB "we take energy from exhaust and recycle it, bringing joy to repetition" commercial one more time, I may be forced to throw my TV out the window, because, I'm sorry, there is no joy in hearing announcer guy repeat the same thing 5 times in the commercial and then hearing the commercial 5 times an hour!

Moving along, I've also had the opportunity to dissect the Michael Phelps Powerbar commercial. Jason loves it because there are sharks in the swimming pool. What I've noticed is something very interesting about Phelps' physique. I don't want to take anything away from what I'm sure is amazing dedication and perseverance on the part of Michael Phelps to get where he is today, however many have written in the past about his physical attributes being a part of his dominance in swimming. He has size 14 feet that are as flexible as flippers and his wingspan is apparently longer than his height. I've also read before that his torso is much longer than his legs, I never really noticed this until he gets on the blocks in the aforementioned Powerbar ad. Check it out:


Yeah, that is a really long torso! Well, you know what they say, use the gifts that nature has given you!! For the full ad, go to Powerbar.com.

On another side note... how PR is it of the Phelps team to have put his website in English and Chinese... nice move.

1 comments:

tribirdie goes No Sugar No Grain

 

Follow Tribirdie

Instagram

Tribirdie Goes No Sugar No Grain

I started eating following the rules
No Sugar
No Grain

I am posting what eat each day on tumblr. I'm sure I'll make some mistake along the way, feel free to heckle!

tribirdie's No sugar No grain photosettribirdie's No sugar No grain photoset

Quotes

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
- Steve Prefontaine
"Shut Up Legs"
- Jens Voigt
"No quit in this body. No quit in this Mind"
- Jill Poon (inspired by Jason Overbaugh)

Followers