Gulf Coast '08


national anthem

This year I was simply an observer of the race and man was that tough! Gulf Coast is such a great race and a fun race to be part of... It is big enough that you feel like you are taking over the town, but small enough to still feel like something really special.

We woke up in the morning to heavy surf. I was worried about the swim and the yellow flags confirmed it would be a tough one. The white caps were out as far as the swim course went. Everyone braved the swim and on to the bike they went. The reports I heard from folks as they rode by were that it was windy but more head and tail wind, not the strong cross winds you usually hear about. I bet anyone with a disk was glad that made that choice!

The top men and women were so fast, we barely had the speakers set up blasting our Gulf Coast Mix at the tent before they blew by us. Amy Kloner ran by looking as fresh as a daisy and smiling all the way. She went on to kick some serious butt, finishing first on the day, ahead off all the pros by MINUTES! That chica needs to turn pro, but soon, so she can start getting her share of the prize money! The weather was humid, but overcast with a slight breeze and people seemed to be handling it quite well.

Congrats to everyone that finished the race! I can't wait until next year!

Posted Later: Just a follow up to my Gulf Coast post... I was saddened to hear of the loss of Patrick Kane during the swim portion of the race. While I didn't know him personally, it is always hard to lose someone from within our small Atlanta tri community. Our thoughts are with the Kane family.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks to you and Alex for all your support!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, what Danielle said... thanks for all of the support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is our pleasure! Next year I am bringing a cow bell for Jason, he was really getting into it!

    ReplyDelete

tribirdie goes No Sugar No Grain

 

Follow Tribirdie

Instagram

Tribirdie Goes No Sugar No Grain

I started eating following the rules
No Sugar
No Grain

I am posting what eat each day on tumblr. I'm sure I'll make some mistake along the way, feel free to heckle!

tribirdie's No sugar No grain photosettribirdie's No sugar No grain photoset

Quotes

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
- Steve Prefontaine
"Shut Up Legs"
- Jens Voigt
"No quit in this body. No quit in this Mind"
- Jill Poon (inspired by Jason Overbaugh)

Followers