ooooh pick me! pick me!! (11 things)

Several weeks (eek!!) ago the lovely Laura of WIFE MOTHER ATHLETE fame tagged me in the 11 things list, so here I go...

1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!

Random things about me:

1.  I've taught my kids to really consider if "it's okay" is appropriate when people apologize to them.  If it really isn't "okay" they can say "thank you for apologizing"
2. I didn't find out how great running to Lady Ga Ga is until about 1 month ago.
3.  I hate getting my picture taken if it's just me in the picture (poor Andrea, she said I was a difficult subject when she wanted a picture of me after my big haircut)
4.  I don't like to talk on the phone; especially calling businesses or making appointments
5.  One of the lessons in life that I value the most, I've learned over the last 5 years: You can't let what other people might think about you stop you from attempting, well, anything.  I'm still working on always following it though...  
6.  I never wanted to have kids... until I had them, now I can't imagine life without them
7.  I never wanted to get married until I met my husband (see above)
8.  If I had to pick between never skiing again and never doing triathlon again, I would pick being able to ski (not being able to do triathlon) and yet it's been over 4 years since I've skied and only 4 months since my last tri.
9.  I can't stick to a diet to save my life.
10. I am really bad a keeping in touch with people, and I'm sad about how many people that used to be good friends, that I don't talk to anymore.
11. I have a very NON-addictive, NON-habitual personality... That can be good AND bad - There are some habits I wish I could stick with.


Questions from Laura:


1. What is your DREAM job?
Psychologist - I would only meet with clients where we could workout and talk (go for a run, bike ride, etc.) because I think life just looks better after a workout.


2. If you could live ANYWHERE where would you go?
Anywhere with mountains (with snow) and water - I'm a big fan of Lake Tahoe and Ketchum, ID


3. Tell us your BIGGEST secret! ha.. okay a smaller one you are willing to share.
My husband and I once spent a straight 26 hours watching the first season of 24 on DVD.


4. How often do you weigh yourself?
about once a week but it's always the same so I don't know why I bother.  I've been within the 5lbs of the same weight (except during pregnancy) since I was 22 years old.


5. Do you keep up w/ politics and current events?
I wish I did more.  I get freaked out and so I stop paying attention...


6. What is your favorite time of day?
Picking my kids up from school.


7. How many hours do YOU sleep a night?
I do best with about 7 but mostly get about 5 and then about once a month I'll sleep for 12 hours straight.


8. What is your BIGGEST lifetime goal//dream?
Sporting wise? Kona and/or a 3:10 marathon.  (And I still want to compete in biathlon but it's probably not going to happen until I move west)


In life: To raise my two boys to be good friends and partners to others.  I also want to speak Italian.


9. Would you consider yourself a half empty or half full type?
haha - I was born half empty, but now I am definitely a half full type


10. Do you reduce, reuse, recycle?
of course - working on increasing the amount of reduce and reuse at the moment :D


11. Do you strength train?
I know I should, but I don't (maybe if I knock it down to 4 hours of sleep haha)




Questions for others:
1.  Do you consider yourself a person who uses time efficiently?
2.  Would YOU wear a Rev3 Sparkly Suit?? (you know you would!!)
3.  What was your Best Moment in Sports?
4.  What do you think of "Shock and Awe"?
5.  What one thing would you like to change about yourself?
6.  What one thing do you love about yourself?
7.  Why is Rev3 Running Across America? (yes, shameless promotion plug)
8.  What is the first thing you would do with a million dollars? (you can't say "invest half"; okay you can, just also say what you'd do second.)
9.  Which is better, Long Run? Long Bike? or Long Book?
10.  What is your current "favorite" song?
11.  If you had the chance to implement one change in America what would it be?


Okay, now for the tagging:
If you've already been tagged - I apologize! but let me know, because I was to read your answers to the other questions :D  And any Rev3 Teamers that aren't on here - I'm pretty sure you've already been tagged! :D


Kristin D
TriMommyKelly
Dani G
Colleen L
Kacie (you can wait until after Double IRON)
George (we can talk about your answers this wekeend)
CarmaTri
Robinbn
IronMikeTri (you've been too quiet lately, what, are you training for a race or something? maybe a local
5k??)
Jennifer (@runlikeagrrl)
secondmercedes (girl you need a blog haha)


12 comments:

  1. Such a great tag!!!

    I love what you have taught your boys about apologizes! That's such an important thing to learn and I think a lot of people forgive too easily even if they shouldn't! You are such a great mom!

    I love that you stayed in bed and watched 24. Absolutely loved that show!

    I can't wait to finally meet you. And even if we don't talk on the phone that much, I'm fairly certain that I'll have a lifelong friend in you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your favorite time of day is picking them up because you get to see me, right?!?! Kidding, kidding.

    Thanks for the slack. I will answer them, and I will have a LOT of hours to think the answers over this weekend :-)

    Love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I enjoyed reading yours. And I did mine. Check it out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I'm so flattered you picked me to tag! :) I will get thinking about it...

    I hate talking on the phone too. In fact, you might even call it a phobia for me. I really love all this texting, twitter, facebook stuff we've got going on these days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very interesting about the skiing vs tri thing.. makes one go HMMMM. ;D

    I HATE the phone... getting better. Rev3 is pushing me out of my comfort zone in that regard too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh.. and really.. your fav time of day is picking the kids up? My fav is the early a.m. either run or quiet cup of coffee before the KIDS get up!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Kacie Darden haha of course that's why it's my favorite time of the day! Also using those 10 min that I'm waiting in line to catch up on twitter haha Can't wait for this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @GeorgeYay!!! Loved your answers AND your new questions

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Laura MountI know the skiing/tri thing doesn't really make sense to me either... we moved down here and kind of just got sucked in... I'll get it figured out here at some point! And yes, I actually like picking them up from school, but you figure at that point I've had a good 3-4 hours depending on the day to work and workout. And being able to be there to pick them up is the entire reason I am working my butt off to try to make a living at this job - so it is kind of my moment of clarity in the day, makes all the craziness seem worth it... of course to a few years when they are as excited to see "mom" it wont be ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love you staying in bed and watching 24 too!!! That made me laugh out loud.

    Beautiful soul you are, girl...

    ReplyDelete

tribirdie goes No Sugar No Grain

 

Follow Tribirdie

Instagram

Tribirdie Goes No Sugar No Grain

I started eating following the rules
No Sugar
No Grain

I am posting what eat each day on tumblr. I'm sure I'll make some mistake along the way, feel free to heckle!

tribirdie's No sugar No grain photosettribirdie's No sugar No grain photoset

Quotes

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
- Steve Prefontaine
"Shut Up Legs"
- Jens Voigt
"No quit in this body. No quit in this Mind"
- Jill Poon (inspired by Jason Overbaugh)

Followers