Seizure First Aid

As part of my goal to raise awareness of epilepsy, I wanted to put a little post together about Seizure First Aid.

Thanks to the comments from Kate and Rachelle on my first post about "Tri and Stop M.E." I realized that a lot of folks might not be aware of what to do in the event that the person next to them has a seizure. Very often people have seizures even though they have not been diagnosed with epilepsy. In fact, I've know two people in my life to suffer from postpartum related seizures.

Dr. Oz did a great segment on his show on seizure first aid:










If video isn't your thing, visit these links to first aid steps:
First Aid for Convulsive Seizure
First Aid for Non-Convulsive Seizure
What Babysitters and Caregivers Should Know

Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with these first aid guides.

You never know when you might need that knowledge! thanks to everyone who takes the time to read this! :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

tribirdie goes No Sugar No Grain

 

Follow Tribirdie

Instagram

Tribirdie Goes No Sugar No Grain

I started eating following the rules
No Sugar
No Grain

I am posting what eat each day on tumblr. I'm sure I'll make some mistake along the way, feel free to heckle!

tribirdie's No sugar No grain photosettribirdie's No sugar No grain photoset

Quotes

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
- Steve Prefontaine
"Shut Up Legs"
- Jens Voigt
"No quit in this body. No quit in this Mind"
- Jill Poon (inspired by Jason Overbaugh)

Followers