Advent Calendar of Giving: Dec 1st

We all know that there is no shortage of good, nay, amazing causes to give our time and/or money to during the holiday season. I always feel like whatever I DO do, it's just not enough... so I thought this year I would blog about one "cause" every day from now (Dec 1st) until Christmas; that way maybe more people will find out about the group, charity, etc. and give their time or money... so here goes...

First up to bat:

Adopt a US Soldier: http://adoptaussoldier.org

On Veterans Day Sharpie wrote on her blog about an article she'd read that stated 25% of US servicemen and women do not receive mail. Carole blog post definitely touched a nerve with me and now I want to get the word out as much as I can! Let's make sure these folks know how much we appreciate the sacrifice they are making on our behalf.

Please read Sharpie's post: http://carolesharpless.blogspot.com/2009/11/veterans-day-giving-back.html
and then think about adopting a soldier... or at least pass the info on!

Happy Holidays!

One last note: going with the holiday spirit; I'm trusting these organizations to be legit. I'll do a quick google search but for the most part if a friend trusts them, I trust 'em. I hope that doesn't get me into trouble.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

tribirdie goes No Sugar No Grain

 

Follow Tribirdie

Instagram

Tribirdie Goes No Sugar No Grain

I started eating following the rules
No Sugar
No Grain

I am posting what eat each day on tumblr. I'm sure I'll make some mistake along the way, feel free to heckle!

tribirdie's No sugar No grain photosettribirdie's No sugar No grain photoset

Quotes

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
- Steve Prefontaine
"Shut Up Legs"
- Jens Voigt
"No quit in this body. No quit in this Mind"
- Jill Poon (inspired by Jason Overbaugh)

Followers