On the road to fitness

We've gotten into a routine at our house... amazingly it's helping everyone. Jason is thriving on having a routine, here I was thinking I was being selfish and a bad mommy for even contemplating the idea of signing up for something that would require me to drag everyone to the gym three days a week for two hours at a time... turns out to be on of the best parenting decisions I've ever made. Jason is actually much happier, much less stressed out now that his week has structure. He knows what is going to happen on every day. The funny thing is that I before this we tried "making a schedule" together and we would talk about the next day at night before bed, but he was still getting stressed out about leaving the house, even if it was on the plan. Now however, he says "is it a gym day or a school day" and just knowing that I guess gives him enough of an understanding of what to expect out of the day... I'm no expert, I'm just glad I don't have to drag him out of the house anymore! Yeah for us!

Boot Camp is going strong, the only days that I've missed are due to issues getting an appt for AJ in the infant room (they require an appt for kids under 1 year). Even on those days I've been able to get a later appt and worked out on my own.

I am definitely getting stronger, c-section doesn't hurt anymore (although that darn incision site itches like crazy!), I'm starting to get back into my pre-pregnancy clothes, and one of these days I might even start losing weight! We are still doing a lot of plyometrics (I think I can actually get 1 AND A HALF inches off the ground now when I jump) and core work. It is completly different from anything I have done, well just about ever. I used to life weights when I was in college for crew, but not really since then.

AJ is napping now:
From AJ six months

0 comments:

Post a Comment

tribirdie goes No Sugar No Grain

 

Follow Tribirdie

Instagram

Tribirdie Goes No Sugar No Grain

I started eating following the rules
No Sugar
No Grain

I am posting what eat each day on tumblr. I'm sure I'll make some mistake along the way, feel free to heckle!

tribirdie's No sugar No grain photosettribirdie's No sugar No grain photoset

Quotes

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
- Steve Prefontaine
"Shut Up Legs"
- Jens Voigt
"No quit in this body. No quit in this Mind"
- Jill Poon (inspired by Jason Overbaugh)

Followers