Almost 37 weeks

I'm 37 weeks on Monday, that means full term, yippee! Of course, we could theoretically be looking at 5 more weeks if we go 2 weeks over due, but either way LP2 (little poon 2) will be here fairly shortly!

Here's a pic just before we went to the gym this morning:



Luckily, I'm still feeling great! I've some soreness in my hips/pelvic area, but that is to be expected at this point. I'm so thankful not to have lower back pain this time around. I'm not sure if it has to do with going to the Chiropractor every week (thanks Dr. Pam) or just luck of the draw, either way, I'll take it!

I'm happy to report that I'm back on the bike! I imagine the baby belly must have shifted a little, as I can actually get through about 20 min on the bike without my stomach cramping or having to go to the ladies room! yea! The walking on the treadmill has slowed down considerably, as anything over 3.5 mph starts the stomach muscle cramps. My solution is to just increase the incline, this seems to the HR in a good zone without having to walk fast.

I can't say enough great things about our new gym (Lifetime Fitness). Jason has a blast in the kids center (and we've actually run into a couple of his friends from school there!) and after my workout, I pick him up and we get to have fun in the outdoor pool. It is huge, with a big shallow area for the kids, water slides, basketball hoops and a "waterfall"! It's been a real lifesaver here towards the end of my pregnancy... I can't run around as well on land, but I can still play around fairly well in the water. Jason is much lighter in the water!

It is nice to be fairly comfortable this late into the pregnancy. I'm just anxious to meet our new little guy. I'm trying to imagine all the ways he might be similar or different from Jason. Alex and I watched the DVD "Happiest Baby on the Block" a couple of nights ago. We read the book with Jason, but I loaned the book out so I thought we might have more luck with the DVD considering how busy we've been as of late. If there are any future parents out there, I recommend the book, but the DVD is very helpful for clarifying some of the points in the book. Now that we've had our 5 S's refresher course, I'm feeling a bit more prepared for the first 3 months at least :-D

Well, that's me right now... anxious to meet our new little man! and to see Jason as a big brother!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

tribirdie goes No Sugar No Grain

 

Follow Tribirdie

Instagram

Tribirdie Goes No Sugar No Grain

I started eating following the rules
No Sugar
No Grain

I am posting what eat each day on tumblr. I'm sure I'll make some mistake along the way, feel free to heckle!

tribirdie's No sugar No grain photosettribirdie's No sugar No grain photoset

Quotes

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
- Steve Prefontaine
"Shut Up Legs"
- Jens Voigt
"No quit in this body. No quit in this Mind"
- Jill Poon (inspired by Jason Overbaugh)

Followers