So how did that first marathon go?

There was no first marathon, which could be unfortunate except for the fact that the reason I didn't race was that I am expecting a baby on August 25th! Here we are with 21 weeks to go!




The pregnancy was a pleasant surprise as we thought we might have difficulty conceiving while I was in the middle of marathon training. The kid must be one tough cookie though, because I had just run my longest run to date of 17 miles a couple of days before we found out we were pregnant! Looks like a little endurance training doesn't phase my body at all. We had a little bit of an anemia scare at the beginning (which may have something to do with all the running) but a couple of weeks on pre-natals put everything right!

So far, everything is going well! Unfortunately with the increase in the number of hours I've been putting in at work, combined with 1st trimester sleepiness, workouts have been little more than some prenatal yoga (I highly recommend Giam Prenatal Yoga dvd). Hoping to get to the pool soon and looking forward to riding my bike (on the trainer!). I switched to the road bike during marathon training and will continue to ride that through pregnancy as it provides more room for the growing belly!

I'm also happy to report that during this pregnancy I'll be seeing my trusty chiropractor throughout. I hoping it will avoid the issues I had after Jason was born (lost feeling in my hand due to pinched nerves) and keep everything loosey goosey for the delivery portion!

On a side note, we've just returned from my brother-in-law's wedding! The picture above is from the reception! We had a great time, additional info on Jason's blog here

1 comments:

  1. Congrats on the pregnancy. I am so happy to have you as a training partner for this, too!

    Gulf Coast 2009 here we come! :)

    (Can't even see a bump on you yet.)

    ReplyDelete

tribirdie goes No Sugar No Grain

 

Follow Tribirdie

Instagram

Tribirdie Goes No Sugar No Grain

I started eating following the rules
No Sugar
No Grain

I am posting what eat each day on tumblr. I'm sure I'll make some mistake along the way, feel free to heckle!

tribirdie's No sugar No grain photosettribirdie's No sugar No grain photoset

Quotes

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
- Steve Prefontaine
"Shut Up Legs"
- Jens Voigt
"No quit in this body. No quit in this Mind"
- Jill Poon (inspired by Jason Overbaugh)

Followers