Lotsa changes Max, Lotsa Changes

For some reason when I think of changes the quote lotsa changes Max, lotsa changes from Dirty Dancing always comes into my mind... and the response
"It's not the changes so much as it feels that everything is ending"
(I might be messing up the quote here, it's been awhile since I saw the movie)

Right now I'm making some changes in our family schedule, and while it does signal the end of some things, I feel like it's pointing to a positive future!

The biggest change right now is my 2.5 year old started a Mother's Morning Out program on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 am - 12pm. While that might not seem like too much time away from my baby, it actually starts much earlier in the morning. Alex (my hero) offered to take both boys to school in the morning.

Translation - I have from whenever I wake up in the morning till noon to work/swim/bike/run!

As I mentioned in my last post I started swimming at Dynamo Multisport; which has been amazing! Today was my first chance to use this new found time in my schedule to meet with a web design client! It felt great to be able to get in a good quality swim and bike all before 10am today.
The best part? Picking AJ up at school and while he was clearly excited to see me, it was also clear that he is LOVING his school!!
Once again, a change that I was unsure of (a little guilt about taking time away from my baby for work and play), turned out to be great for everyone involved!

This new change will also enable me to spend less time away from my family as I will be able to fit in a lot of my longer rides on Thursday.

While I'll still be doing most of my work at night after the boys go to bed, I now have the option to get some work done during the day! (hopefully leading to more nights of getting to bed before 2am)

Maybe it's just the endorphins from the 6 x 3:00 Z4 intervals from my ride today, but I'm feeling positive about the opportunities this change will bring to my family!

And just for fun, I finally uploaded the video my brother took of my finish at FullRev Cedar Point! Check out the awesome REV3 jumbotron!!!

Ironman Finish Line from tribirdie on Vimeo.


9 comments:

  1. very exciting. Wish you the best of luck with everything!Changing things up (in any arena) can always mean positive outcomes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the time to yourself!! I sometimes feel guilty about it too, until I realize it makes me a much better mother in the long run because I am happy, healthy and complete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad the MMO is working out well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't get the video to work either on your website or on Vimeo. I bet it's nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lotsa changes seems to be the order of 2011, huh? :) It's so good though that you are able to make the changes and still balance a life that I can't even comprehend at this point.

    That video made me tear up. Knowing the feeling of finishing that race and seeing you share that with your family makes my heart ache with joy. Not going to lie, I'm a little jealous :)

    Anyway, here's to positive change! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news is the little dude is having fun at the school!

    Hey and you have all that time now to increase your badassness-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, sounds like MMO is working out great!! I think in most cases, change is good. Even if it doesn't feel good at first. Take time for yourself for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like the change will be good for everyone!

    And that video was awesome. I love when you kissed your son and he wiped it off like that was the grossest thing ever! :) Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect! Glad you are both getting a benefit out of it! Can't wait to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

tribirdie goes No Sugar No Grain

 

Follow Tribirdie

Instagram

Tribirdie Goes No Sugar No Grain

I started eating following the rules
No Sugar
No Grain

I am posting what eat each day on tumblr. I'm sure I'll make some mistake along the way, feel free to heckle!

tribirdie's No sugar No grain photosettribirdie's No sugar No grain photoset

Quotes

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
- Steve Prefontaine
"Shut Up Legs"
- Jens Voigt
"No quit in this body. No quit in this Mind"
- Jill Poon (inspired by Jason Overbaugh)

Followers