Spilt Milk

Just a little funny story to start this off...

Sitting at the table at lunch today, Jason (5.5 year old) knocks his milk over by accident. No biggie, but he makes no attempt to pick up the milk cup to stop more from spilling out.

Me: (frantically) Jason honey! pick up your cup the milk is spilling out!
Jason: Mom, I'm just pretending to be BP! I blame you for giving me an unstable cup!

nice.

If we are going to play the "blame game"... I blame it on letting him watch the "coffee spill" on youtube:


I've spilt the milk too... my body is still cooked from Quassy... I'm cranky, short tempered, tired and did I mention CRANKY!!!

I'm in uncharted waters, as I've never "continued" training after a half. It's always been my last race of the season or at the very least last race for months...

Now I'm staring down the barrel of FullRev Cedar Point and feeling shaky. Coach says I'll feel better soon and to suck it up, these aren't hard workouts, they are recovery workouts. She was nicer than that, but that's what she meant. ha ha

and just in case you missed it...

I've started a "suck it up buttercup" wall...

From Racing and Training 2010


send me any additional suggestions please! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I was just having the same "uncharted waters" type thoughts on my run this morning. Normally the finish line of a half is the end, now it is just a stepping stone.

    For your "HTFU" wall:

    The more it hurts now, the less it will hurt at mile 130.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found you!!! Hang in there, Buttercup, you can do this!

    ReplyDelete

tribirdie goes No Sugar No Grain

 

Follow Tribirdie

Instagram

Tribirdie Goes No Sugar No Grain

I started eating following the rules
No Sugar
No Grain

I am posting what eat each day on tumblr. I'm sure I'll make some mistake along the way, feel free to heckle!

tribirdie's No sugar No grain photosettribirdie's No sugar No grain photoset

Quotes

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
- Steve Prefontaine
"Shut Up Legs"
- Jens Voigt
"No quit in this body. No quit in this Mind"
- Jill Poon (inspired by Jason Overbaugh)

Followers