Loosing the Baby Weight

They had a nutritionist on the Today Show today talking about how the celebreties loose the weight after they have had a baby. They had some mom's using their kids as free weights which is actually a great idea because as they get heavier, you get stronger so you keep pushing yourself. My recommendations for loosing the baby weight:

#1 and most important, if you can BREASTFEED! You might not see the weight fall off immediately but it will come off! In fact, any "baby weight" that I have right now if from after I stopped nursing.
#2 start walking with your baby every day as soon as you can. Before I was pregnant I always thought that walking wasn't exercise, but let me tell you, it works! Especially because you are getting a great weight workout at the same time (stroller + baby = 20 - 30 lbs and that is just when they are little!). The other side benefit to this one is that it keeps you sane you have to get out of the house. Even if your baby was born in the winter, bundle the little guy up and get out there! The sunlight is really good for their tiny kidneys!
#3 as they get older don't be afraid to dance along to the Wiggles or sign up for Kindermusik! This get's you moving around with your baby and they get to enjoy the music!

Now of course there is always "eat right", etc. but I have to say, I'm not the person to comment on that... if there is chocolate in the house... well, let's just say it doesn't last long!

1 comments:

  1. Wanted to footnote this post, I read in a recent article in Parents magazine that there isn't any data to support the claim that Breastfeeding will help you lose the "baby weight". So I want to ammend this post with a comment that while nursing seemed to help me, perhaps it doesn't work for everyone!

    ReplyDelete

tribirdie goes No Sugar No Grain

 

Follow Tribirdie

Instagram

Tribirdie Goes No Sugar No Grain

I started eating following the rules
No Sugar
No Grain

I am posting what eat each day on tumblr. I'm sure I'll make some mistake along the way, feel free to heckle!

tribirdie's No sugar No grain photosettribirdie's No sugar No grain photoset

Quotes

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
- Steve Prefontaine
"Shut Up Legs"
- Jens Voigt
"No quit in this body. No quit in this Mind"
- Jill Poon (inspired by Jason Overbaugh)

Followers